Stores Supervisor (Inchinnan)
Stores supervisor required for a large distribution and production facility in Renfrewshire. We are looking for an experienced Stores Supervisor to oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing activities. You will implement production, productivity, quality, delivery and customer service standards as well as achieving the appropriate level of volume within expected time limits.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
· Providing an excellent customer experience in person, on the phone and by e-mail; you must also have the ability to drive this through your team.
· Provide an on-time delivery service as well as making sure all factory orders are manufactured to specification and to time scales.
· Health & Safety and housekeeping within the areas under your control with a view to continuous improvement.
· Communicate with customers in order to answer questions or resolve issues.
· Organize and maintain inventory and storage areas in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations.
· Identify areas of improvement and adjust existing work procedures and practices.
· Respond to all correspondence both internally and externally within appropriate timescales.
· Supervise and control order picking, goods in, goods out operations to ensure accuracy with minimum handling and stock damage.
· Ensure all warehouse and factory procedures are followed and any paperwork correctly filed.
· Co-ordinate the three delivery vehicles making sure they are always used efficiently and to best effect.
1. Must have extensive and proven work experience as a warehouse supervisor.
2. Possess the ability to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilising appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction
3. Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques.
4. Strong organisational and time management skills.
5. Hands-on commitment to getting the job done.
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations.
8. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Word and Outlook.
9. Must be able to work calmly under pressure.
10. Must have a counterbalance forklift certificate.
11. Must be assertive and be able to take control and lead the team.
12. Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality and service.