Day to day responsibility for production, purchasing, planning and maintenance of the Oldbury site.
Must have experience in electrical/electronic assembly.
· At all times maintain a safe clean working environment ensuring that safety procedures are followed by your team members. Identifying any hazards through risk assessments and agreeing actions to minimise risk to team members.
· Manage all aspect of production area and take responsibility for ensuring that the production plan is met on time in full (OTIF), to the required quality and cost standards.
· Use effective planning methods to ensure staffing levels are maintained to meet the demand efficiently, working with your teams to balance labour, deploying where it is required.
· Provide leadership of your team and your extended team across Production promoting a ‘can do’ positive attitude at all times, developing them into an effective team at all levels.
· Maintain a balanced trained workforce to respond to the changes in demand and ensure training records are accurately maintained.
· Provide hands on support in production when required.
· Actively practice, encourage and coach team members in continuous improvement techniques, supporting taking ownership of issue’s within your area, ensuring swift route cause analysis, containment, and checking corrective actions are sustained.
· Ensure all documentation is completed as required such as holidays, absence forms, job completion transactions, improvement progress etc and communicated appropriately.
· Support Engineering design in development of prototypes and samples for New Product Implementation
· Deputise for colleagues in their absence as required
· Take a proactive approach to maintaining the companies ISO 18001, 14001 & 9001 accreditations and ensure procedures are followed by your team.
· Any other reasonable requests to support the smooth running of the company
· Relating to and co-operating with colleagues, suppliers and customers. as required.
· Supporting and generating team spirit within and beyond your area.
· Working flexibly.
· Achieving high quality standards and continual improvement.
· Responding quickly to new challenges.
· Communicating clearly.
· Commitment to the organisation and the task in hand – which may involve working additional hours to fulfil their role.
· Keep up to date with changes to existing / new products and also procedures.
Experience & Qualifications;
· Qualification in mechanical, electrical or electronic engineering would be a distinct advantage.
· 5 years in production management gained across relevant industry sectors.
· A strong demonstrable track record of developing teams and people.
· A good working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
· Familiar with a high mix/low volume manufacturing environment and how to optimise resources
· Strong Problem Solving Skills
· Able to make clear decisions and work effectively when under pressure.
· Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and have a working understanding of MRP/ERP planning systems
· Organised and can prioritise tasks against tight time constraints.
· Good communicator (Verbal and written) – empowers people and has gravitas to drive change in a manufacturing environment
· Ability to work with different levels of organisation – internally and externally.
Closing date for applications is Friday 3rd August 2018.